Live Earth Farm Discovery Program
Cultivating food, farming/agricultural and ecological literacy among youth and families to create a healthy world through
- experiential work with food and farming in harmony with natural systems and
- building skills to steward our natural resources.
Who we are
Farm Discovery at Live Earth is a nonprofit organization building skills for the regeneration of our food, farming, social and natural systems. We empower youth and families with knowledge so they may ask the questions and take action to build healthy systems. Our home, Live Earth Farm is a 150 acre patchwork of working farm, riparian corridor, oak and redwood forest in the Pajaro Valley of Santa Cruz County, California.
What we care about
We believe that we can improve our impact on earth by building and supporting agricultural, ecological and social systems that support each other, that participating in such systems transforms personal, and community health. We believe that communities armed with knowledge and the skills of inquiry can transform food, farming and natural systems for the better.
What we do
- Farm Discovery offers educational programs that inspire youth and families to transform their relationship to food, farming and nature.
- We steward our working farm and its wild spaces as an environmentally and economically viable piece of the food system and a learning space.
- We collaborate with community partners to learn from each other and extend our collective impact in the community.
Watsonville Wetlands Watch
Watsonville Wetlands Watch is dedicated to the protection, restoration and appreciation of the wetlands of the Pajaro Valley, especially involving members of the Watsonville community and the students of Pajaro Valley Unified School District.
O'Neill Sea Odyssey
O'Neill Sea Odyssey provides a hands-on educational experience to encourage the protection and preservation of our living sea and communities.